Basic common-sense rules apply at Download so we can all have a good time. This includes banning certain items to guarantee general safety and comfort at the event and to ensure we also follow the letter of the law.
Bags will be searched and patrons will be ‘wanded’ by security before entering the Festival (similar to walking through a metal detector). This is for patron safety, so please be patient and ensure you’ve reviewed the Allowed & Banned Items list below before you arrive.
If you have brought a prohibited item, you can cloak it safely at our Cloak Room facility and collect them on your way out. Here is a list of what you CAN and CAN’T bring into the festival.
- Small backpacks – no larger than an A4 piece of paper and 5cm deep (30cm L x 20cm W x 5cm D)
- Small cameras
- Sunscreen – this will also be available at locations around the festival including the Info Booth, Cloak Room and Medical Tent
- Specific bags to house essential medical items will be allowed into the event area.
- Large backpacks
- No BYO alcohol at all
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
- Professional cameras, video and audio recording devices, including GoPros, Drones or any other remote flying device
- Totems, flags or banners
- Coolers or eskies of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Glass and metal containers of any kind
- Fireworks, flares or sparklers (all strictly monitored)
- Illegal and illicit substances of any kind
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Umbrellas (please use a raincoat or poncho instead)
- Radios or walkie-talkies
- Pets – this does not include Service Animals or other animals that provide assistance too patrons with disabilities
- Skateboards, scooters and bicycles inside the festival
- Tents, canopies or shade structures of any kind
- Unauthorised/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- No chairs of any kind
- No inflatable anything (rafts, chairs, pineapples etc.)
- Selfie sticks
- Milk crates
- Weapons of any kind
- Laser lights
- Water pistols
- Protest Paraphernalia incl. banners