How do I get there?
On-site car parking is available, accessible from Gibbston Highway.
- Parking fee is a gold coin donation to a local community group.
- Please follow signage and directions on the day.
Taxi – drop-off and collection points will be available.
Bus – You must have pre-purchased a bus ticket to board the bus.
- Departures to the concert run every 10 minutes from 8.30am to 1pm, departing from the pick-up locations below and delivering you to the Gibbston Valley Winery Summer Concert main entrance.
- Return transfers from the concert depart from 6.30pm from the Gibbston Valley Winery main entrance for return journey to the pick-up locations below. NB: Coaches will continue until every person has returned.
- Queenstown Pick-up: Queenstown Primary School
- Frankton Pick-up: Frankton Bus Shelter and Toilets
- Arrowtown Pick-up: Arrowtown Bus Parks (behind Arrowtown main village)
NOTE: Passengers have to pre-purchase their bus tickets, will be required to produce their ticket to our drivers to gain entry on board buses for both journeys. Children age 14 and under are free of charge, and do not require a bus ticket.
Wanaka Bus service:
$45 per person return, 9am and 10am departures, door to door.
Food & Drink
Alcohol is not permitted to be bought into the venue and no alcohol is to be taken out of the venue to comply with the NZ Liquor Licensing laws.
A wide selection of Gibbston Valley Wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and their award-winning Pinot Noir will be sold at the venue along with beer and non-alcoholic beverages. FREE refill water will be available.
You may bring your own picnic and sealed non-alcoholic drinks. A variety of local food vendors will be on site. Please note: the management reserves the rights to search bags and coolers on entry and prohibited items will be confiscated.
The event is wheelchair accessible.
Parking and toilets will be available but as it is a grass venue please ensure mobility on this surface.
If you have any special requirements please contact Greenstone Entertainment directly so they can do their best to accommodate your needs.
The show will go on rain, hail, or shine so come prepared for NZ’s changeable weather. The concert will only be cancelled if the conditions are considered dangerous by the organisers.
Where to sit?
Bean Bags and Tarpaulins are not permitted.
Maximum size of umbrellas/gazebos/shade is 3m.
Chairs are permitted to be used at the venue but, please be considerate to the people around you.
Shades permitted in designated area’s only. Please bring hats and plenty of sun screen.
If you wish to bring umbrellas please be aware that you will be placed in a designated umbrella area.
Prohibited Items & Event Facilities
No professional video or audio recording equipment is to be brought in to the venue e.g. long lens cameras. Any equipment discovered will be confiscated.
No animals except guide dogs.
No cookers or fires permitted on site.
NO Pass Outs
Smoking and Vaping only in designated areas.
Please bring plenty of cash as most vendors will not have card facilities within the venue. Cash out facilities are available at the venue.
Medical, Police and the Fire Service will be on site.